Annual Financial Reports
Annual reports of certain financial information (Local Government Debt Reporting) may be accessed at https://comptroller.texas.gov/transparency/local/sb625.
Notice of Election – Revised: October 9, 2020
This notice will remain posted continuously until 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
The Governor issued a Proclamation on March 18, 2020 (“Proclamation”) whereby he suspended Sections 41.0052(a) and (b) of the Texas Election Code and Section 49.103 of the Texas Water Code to the extent necessary to allow political subdivisions that would otherwise hold elections on May 2, 2020, to move their general and special elections for 2020 only to the next uniform election date, occurring on November 3, 2020, without otherwise adjusting the term of office, and suspending Sections 31.093 and 42.0621(c) of the Texas Election Code to the extent necessary to require all county election officers, if requested by an affected political subdivision, to enter into a contract to furnish election services with any political subdivision who postponed their election to November 3, 2020, under the authority of the Proclamation.
The Board of the District has determined that it is in the best interest of the public to postpone its Directors Election until November 3, 2020.
The District has preserved all candidate filings and ballot order actions taken previously in connection with the election originally ordered to be held May 2, 2020. Candidate filings for the original May 2, 2020 election remain valid for the election to be held on November 3, 2020, and the candidate filing period is not re-opened for the November 3, 2020 election.
All applications for ballots by mail for voters that are voting by mail due to being over the age of 65 or due to disability are still valid for the November 3, 2020 election, and all applications for ballots by mail for voters who submitted applications for ballots by mail based on expected absence from the county are not valid for the November 3, 2020 election.
The District will contract with Fort Bend County for the election, and the polling locations will be those designated by Fort Bend County.
The next election will be held on May 7, 2022.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
- To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
- To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf
- First day to file for place on May 7, 2022 general election ballot is Wednesday, 1/19/2022.
- Last day to file for place on May 7, 2022 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 2/18/2022.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write in candidacy declaration for May 7, 2022 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 2/22/2022.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
District Contact Information
The Contact Information for the District is:
Fort Bend County Municipal Utility District No. 118
c/o Smith, Murdaugh, Little & Bonham, L.L.P.
2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100
Houston, Texas 77019
The District’s E-mail address is email@example.com.
Public Information Requests
To request public information, please direct your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail or hand deliver your request to Smith, Murdaugh, Little & Bonham, L.L.P., 2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77019.