Hurricane Season is June 1 – November 30.
- Make an Evacuation Plan. Find activated evacuation routes here: DriveTexas.org or by dialing (800) 452-9292. Call 2-1-1 to find out if you live in an evacuation zone.
- Sign-Up for Emergency Alerts. Make sure your device is enabled to receive Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEAs).
- Prepare an Emergency Supply Kit. Learn how to build an emergency kit here: https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit
- Review Your Home Insurance Policy and Check Flood Insurance Policy
- Fort Bend County Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management. Sign up to receive FBCHS&EM Alerts.
- Register with State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEAR):
https://STEAR.dps.texas.gov or by dialing 2-1-1 if you live in evacuation zone and:
- have a disability or medical needs and do not have a car or other vehicle to use in an evacuation.
- have a disability or medical needs and do not have friends or family to help in an evacuation (STEAR Registry information collected is confidential.)