The FORT BEND COUNTY M.U.D. #1 18 will hold a public hearing on a proposed tax rate for the tax year 2022 on September 13, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. at 2002 West Grand Parkway North, Suite 100, Katy, TX 77449. The public is invited to attend at that location, where a quorum of the Board of Directors will be present. Members of the public may also use supplemental access:
Your individual taxes may increase at a greater or lesser rate, or even decrease, depending on the tax rate that is adopted and on the change in the taxable value of your property in relation to the change in taxable value of all other property. The change in the taxable value of your property in relation to the change in the taxable value of all other property determines the distribution of the tax burden among all property owners.
Visit Texas.gov/PropertyTaxes to find a link to your local property tax database on which you can easily access information regarding your property taxes, including information about proposed tax rates and scheduled public hearings of each entity that taxes your property.
Hurricane Season is June 1 – November 30.
- Make an Evacuation Plan. Find activated evacuation routes here: DriveTexas.org or by dialing (800) 452-9292. Call 2-1-1 to find out if you live in an evacuation zone.
- Sign-Up for Emergency Alerts. Make sure your device is enabled to receive Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEAs).
- Prepare an Emergency Supply Kit. Learn how to build an emergency kit here: https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit
- Review Your Home Insurance Policy and Check Flood Insurance Policy
- Fort Bend County Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management. Sign up to receive FBCHS&EM Alerts.
- Register with State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEAR):
https://STEAR.dps.texas.gov or by dialing 2-1-1 if you live in evacuation zone and:
- have a disability or medical needs and do not have a car or other vehicle to use in an evacuation.
- have a disability or medical needs and do not have friends or family to help in an evacuation (STEAR Registry information collected is confidential.)
Hurricane Preparedness Online Resources
In the first quarter of 2021, Fort Bend Municipal Utility District No. 118 (MUD 118) implemented a fish stocking program to improve the overall quality of fishing in Figure Four Lake. To aid in monitoring the habitat and evaluate past stocking efforts, MUD 118 will be conducting a fish survey on December 28, 2021.
During the survey, fish will be collected from the lake and evaluated, recording observations about the fish including size, weight, and species before being returned safely to the lake. The observations recorded will be used to evaluate the health and population density of the various fish species found in Figure Four Lake, and aid in planning future projects to ensure a healthy and stable population of fish.