Due to prolonged drought conditions and North Fort Bend Water Authority’s initiation of Stage 1 of its Drought Contingency Plan (“DCP”), Fort Bend MUD 118 (the “District”) has instituted Stage 1 water conservation measures of its DCP. Effective immediately, the following voluntary water-use restrictions are in place:
- All outdoor water usage will be limited to
- even-numbered [calendar] days for customers with even-numbered addresses
- odd-numbered [calendar] days for water customers with odd-numbered addresses
- Outdoor water use is prohibited between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. (midnight) [on the designated days of outdoor water use]
- Water customers are asked to voluntarily reduce water use by
- checking your toilets, showerheads, and faucets for leaks
- checking under sinks for wet spots, leaking supply lines, fittings, or valves
- checking your irrigation system for leaks, repairing as needed
- sweep driveways, sidewalks, and patios instead of hosing them off
The Board of Directors of Fort Bend MUD 118 appreciates your cooperation to help conserve one of our community’s most important resources. Please stay alert to District communication as drought conditions improve or worsen.
The FORT BEND COUNTY M.U.D. #118 will hold a public hearing on a proposed tax rate for the tax year 2023 on September 12, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. at 2002 West Grand Parkway North, Suite 100, Katy, TX 77449. Your individual taxes may increase at a greater or lesser rate, or even decrease, depending on the tax rate that is adopted and on the change in the taxable value of your property in relation to the change in taxable value of all other property. The change in the taxable value of your property in relation to the change in
the taxable value of all other property determines the distribution of the tax burden among all property owners.
Visit Texas.gov/PropertyTaxes to find a link to your local property tax database on which you can easily access information regarding your property taxes, including information about proposed tax rates and scheduled public hearings of each entity that taxes your property.